MTs at Work Online.Com

Please consider signing up for membership to view all boards! Thanks for stopping by! Bookmark us and check back often.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MTs at Work Online.Com

Please consider signing up for membership to view all boards! Thanks for stopping by! Bookmark us and check back often.

MTs at Work Online.Com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medical Transcription Job Links Site-PTTM.US

Medical Transcription Company List-Suggestions and Tips

Admin
    Admin

Medical Transcription Company List-Suggestions and Tips Empty Medical Transcription Company List-Suggestions and Tips

Post  Admin Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 am

SUGGESTIONS AND TIPS FOR USING PTTM.us MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION LIST

Point and Click your way to work!!

SUGGESTIONS AND ABBREVIATIONS

COPY AND PASTE VERSUS ATTACHING RESUME
    Follow instructions for copying and pasting a resume versus attaching! I have heard of recruiters and employers trashing resumes due to not following instructions! If neither of these options is specified, copy and paste to be safe or simply ask!

ONLINE TESTS
    Most companies offer online testing. Whether you land the job or not, as well as your starting pay is on the line, so take as much time as alloted and do your best. Many companies will not allow you to test for six months if you fail.

TWO-YEAR CLAUSES
    Don’t decide right off the bat that you are not qualified to work for companies who post this. Some places will lift that restriction due to a new account that entry-level transcriptionists are capable of doing. They may also have an entry-level position that they are not advertising. If a company is adamant about experience, they make it known. Fortunately, we are not seeing this clause as much as we did a few years back!

CONSIDER VOICE RECOGNITION EDITING JOBS
    Companies who are converting their accounts to VR editing will often consider new grads.

OFFSHORING COMPANIES
    I have included a list of offshoring companies but found that I could not really keep up with the companies that have made the decision to offshore work because so many now do. Your choices will likely be more limited if this is an issue for you, and you will find offshoring companies in both lists now. I will eventually combine all the companies.

REFRESHING PAGES
    Most of my links will take you to home pages of websites which is why I try to include a few instructions to get to the employment page easily. Some links may take you directly to an employment page where you may find “current” opportunities. “Current” when the link was posted may be different than today’s version of current, so always refresh the page! In updating my links, I am directing you to the home pages where I can because employment pages seem to change rather often which leaves you nowhere.

CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE!
    If you run into this, it does not necessarily mean it is a bad link. Click on the link again, maybe three times. As with any web site, they may be experiencing downtime or problems due to technical difficulties and/or updating the site. Companies may be offline for minutes or days at a time for whatever reasons, so always check back, do a quick Google for them, and if you still cannot reach the site, let me know which link is broken and I will get it fixed.

THINGS TO CONSIDER
    Be prepared and armed with questions for employers! There are good and bad companies, and every company will have unhappy and disgruntled employees and employees who sing their praises. If you’ve been on the MT boards, you’ve read plenty of it. Go with your gut and make your own decisions. I can tell you horror stories about a few companies I’ve worked for, but your situation might be quite different for whatever reasons. We are all unique and have different needs. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa.

Since work IS all about money, don’t be afraid to question payment policies.

View computer, hardware and software requirements if available on sites, question level of ESL and/or difficulty level on any accounts you are being considered for, but never be afraid to ask questions.

NO GUARANTEES-IT’S UP TO YOU TO PASS TESTS!
    Most companies have a testing process. Your success is up to you. I cannot promise or guarantee you will have a great experience with any or all of these companies. I am simply providing you the online links and some direction once you reach the site to make your search for work easier. DO YOUR RESEARCH once you are on a site and interested or you get the chance to communicate via email or phone.

ABBREVIATIONS USED IN DESCRIPTIONS

OT=Online Test
    WCNG=Will consider new grads
    INTERN=Internship program available
    ES=Employment status
    IC=Independent contractor/subcontractor
    VR=Voice/speech recognition accounts
    WILL ACCEPT DIAL UP (bolded in black)

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENTS ©️ 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2001
    All Rights reserved by SC MedTran.com. Please do not copy, reproduce or sell this list.

Of note: While I am updating, you will see a www address added to the company names. The www addy is clickable if added, and if not, click on the company name until I have finished adding all www’s. If you do see a www addy, use that as it is the newest updated link.!

Work in progress and probably always will be. Let me know if I can help you with anything. Let me know if you have a company to add!

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:34 am